Looking to try out a new salon? Fantastic Sams Hair Salon is a well-known option to consider. If you’ve come across the salon and want to be prepared before stopping by, you’ve come to the right place.
After reading this article, you’ll have all the information you need to decide if Fantastic Sams is the right hair salon for you. Let’s dive right in!
Table of Contents
- 1 About Fantastic Sams
- 2 What Are Fantastic Sams’ Hours?
- 3 What Are Fantastic Sams Prices?
- 4 What Services Does Fantastic Sams Provide?
- 4.1 Haircut Services
- 4.2 Color Services
- 4.3 Styling Services
- 4.4 Special Hair Treatments
- 4.5 Texture Services
- 4.6 Waxing and Beauty Services
- 4.7 Hair Extension Services
- 4.8 Does Fantastic Sams Dye Hair?
- 4.9 Does Fantastic Sams Do Perms?
- 4.10 Does Fantastic Sams Do Eyebrows?
- 4.11 Does Fantastic Sams Do Fades?
- 4.12 Does Fantastic Sams Trim Beards?
- 5 What Products Do They Use at Fantastic Sams?
- 6 What Payment Methods Do They Accept at Fantastic Sams?
- 7 Does Fantastic Sams Have a Rewards Program?
- 8 Can You Make Appointments at Fantastic Sams?
- 9 Does Fantastic Sams Donate Hair?
- 10 What Are the Customer Reviews For Fantastic Sams?
About Fantastic Sams
Fantastic Sams is one of the largest full-service, unisex hair salons in the United States. It was founded in 1974 by Sam Ross to create a low-cost salon experience in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee.
By 1976, Fantastic Sams was turned into a franchise business offering a variety of hair care and styling services to locals. The salon chain was initially called Incredible Sam’s, but in 1981 the name changed to Fantastic Sams to make it easier to pronounce and remember.
Since it was founded, Fantastic Sams has grown to over 1,100 franchised locations.
And in 2014, Fantastic Sams underwent a brand redesign, which involved updating the logo and overall salon design. They also increased their service and product offerings.
What Are Fantastic Sams’ Hours?
Fantastic Sams salons are typically open from mid-morning until early evening. The hours vary by location, but here are the usual hours for Fantastic Sams salons.
- Monday – 10 am to 7 pm.
- Tuesday – 10 am to 7 pm.
- Wednesday – 10 am to 7 pm.
- Thursday – 10 am to 7 pm.
- Friday – 10 am to 7 pm.
- Saturday – 9 am to 6 pm.
- Sunday – 12 am to 5 pm.
Is Fantastic Sams Closed on The Holidays?
Most people want to look and feel their best when the holidays come around. Luckily, most Fantastic Sams locations stay open on the days leading up to and following a major holiday.
Some salons may follow a different holiday schedule, but here are the holidays typically observed by Fantastic Sams:
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Thanksgiving Eve
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve
What Are Fantastic Sams Prices?
Here are the usual prices for Fantastic Sams services. The costs for each service vary by location, so we’ve included a range of prices to reflect what you are likely to pay.
- Precision cut: $17 to $21
- Kid’s precision cut: $12 to $15
- Sam’s cut plus: $25 to $29
- Kid’s cut plus: $16 to $22
- Sam’s designer cut: $30 to $34
- Kid’s designer cut: $28
- Quick and easy perm: $55 to $64
- Sam’s perm plus: $65 to $72
- Designer perm: $85 to $90
- Color: $55 to $65
- Color Touch-up: $49 to $55
- Partial highlight: $60 to $65
- Full highlight: $65 to $95
- Shampoo and set: $20 to $30
- Shampoo and blow dry: $20 to $30
- Hot tool styling: $25
- Updo/Special occasion style: $45 and up
- Conditioning treatment: $8 to $25
- Facial waxing: $10 to $20
How Much Is the Fantastic Sams Kids Discount?
On average, you will save between $5 and $7 on a kid’s haircut. That price includes complimentary extras like a wash, blow-dry, or style.
The minimum age and discounted amount may differ at your location, so call or check online for specific information.
Does Fantastic Sams Have a Discount For First Responders?
Some Fantastic salons offer first responders a discount on their services and products. The price reduction is typically available for current and retired police officers, military personnel, veterans, firefighters, and EMTs.
However, a first responders discount isn’t available at all locations. If they have one, you will have to show proof of service to qualify.
How Much Is the Fantastic Sams Senior Discount?
At the locations that do have a senior’s discount, customers 65 and older can take $5 off the price of their services. The amount and minimum age vary depending on the franchise.
Should You Tip at Fantastic Sams?
Although tipping isn’t required at Fantastic Sams, you should try to tip your stylist between 10% to 25% of your total cost.
Tipping your stylist is the best way to show your appreciation after a job well done. And having a history of tipping well may even help you secure a last-minute appointment.
What Services Does Fantastic Sams Provide?
Fantastic Sams salons offer an extensive list of hair services, which we will walk you through below. Each salon sets its own service menu, so reach out to your specific location if you have questions about what they have to offer. Here are the various services offered by Fantastic Sams salons.
Whether you are a man, woman, or child, Fantastic Sams offers a variety of haircutting packages to meet your needs. You can rest assured knowing each cut starts with a thorough consultation, so your stylist knows the exact style that you are looking to achieve.
Here are the haircut services offered at Fantastic Sams salons.
- Precision Cut – A precision cut includes a wash, haircut, and quick tousle dry.
- Kid’s Precision Cut – This service includes a wash, cut, and tousle dry. A kid’s precision cut is available for children ten years old and younger.
- Sam’s Cut Plus – A Sam’s cut plus is an upgraded version of their haircut package. This service includes a complimentary shampoo, cut, and blow-dry.
- Kid’s Cut Plus – This package comes with a free shampoo, haircut, and blowdry for kids ten and younger.
- Sam’s Designer Cut – Sam’s designer cut is the most comprehensive haircut package. It includes a shampoo, haircut, blow-dry, and finishing style.
- Kids Designer Cut – The kid’s designer cut comes with a wash, haircut, blow-dry, and finishing style. Like the other kid’s services, this cut is reserved for children ten and under.
- Clipper cut – Your stylist will use a pair of clippers to give you a short haircut like a fade or buzzcut.
- Bang or beard trim – A Fantastic Sams stylist will keep your beard or bangs looking fresh by giving them a quick trim between haircuts.
The stylists at Fantastic Sams will work with you to determine what hair color works for your features, desired level of maintenance, and preferences.
Here are the color services you can find at your local Fantastic Sams salons. Keep in mind that people with long, thick, or damaged hair may pay more for their services.
- Single process color – Your stylist will apply your preferred shade of hair dye to the entirety of your hair. You can choose from an assortment of colors, ranging from uncommon to natural hues.
- Color retouch – A Fantastic Sams stylist will apply the color of your choice to up to one inch of new growth.
- Weaving/highlights – This full highlight service includes a head full of foils. It will create a lightened, radiant effect.
- Partial highlights – A partial highlight includes up to 25 expertly placed foils. This service will leave you with significantly lightened locks.
From classic wedding updos to casual messy buns, the stylists at Fantastic Sams can give you a variety of stunning ‘dos. Depending on your locks’ length, thickness, and overall condition, there may be an additional charge.
- Shampoo and set – This service includes both a wash and roller set. When your stylist removes the rollers, you will be left with gorgeous curls.
- Shampoo and blow-dry – As the name suggests, this service includes a wash and blow-dry.
- Hot tool style – The hot tool styling service includes a wash and styling with either a flat iron or curling iron.
- Updo/special occasion style – A special occasion style is a formal hairstyle that will be perfect for an upcoming special event. It includes elaborate hairstyles like an updo, braids, or twists. If you want to get your hair washed before this service, you’ll have to purchase it separately.
Special Hair Treatments
Fantastic Sams has several nourishing treatments available that will help treat dry or damaged hair. Here are the treatments you can find at your local salon.
The costs for these services may be higher if your hair is long or thick.
- Moisture replenishing – The moisture replenishing treatment delivers an intense boost of hydration to parched strands.
- Protein repair – First, your stylist will shampoo your hair. Then, they will apply a protein-rich treatment to your locks. This service repairs damage and will leave your strands feeling strengthened and resilient.
- Hair detox therapy – This two-step treatment starts with a detoxifying deep cleaning shampoo. Then, your stylist will replenish your hair’s moisture with a hydrating mask.
No matter if your hair is bone-straight or tightly coiled, your local Fantastic Sams stylists are here to help you transform your look.
Here are the texture treatments offered at Fantastic Sams. Due to the nature of these services, you will be charged more if your hair is particularly long or thick.
- Quick and Easy Perm – The Quick and Easy Perm includes a shampoo and perm. Perms are a permanent chemical treatment that can restructure an existing curl pattern or add waves and ringlets to straight locks.
- Sam’s perm plus – This upgraded service starts with a shampoo and perm. Then, your stylist will cut your new curls and waves.
- Designer perm – The most comprehensive perm package includes a wash, perm, and haircut. After your cut, the stylist will style your new ‘do in the manner of your choosing.
- Relaxer – This chemical texture service permanently straightens curly strands. For a virgin relaxer, the stylists at Fantastic Sams will apply a relaxer to all of your hair. If you have already had a relaxer, they can do a touch up on up to 1 inch of new growth.
- Permanent straightening – Similar to a relaxer, a straight perm loosens your natural curl pattern and leaves you with silky, straight strands.
- Keratin/smoothing treatment – A keratin treatment smoothes your strands by coating them in a thin layer of protein. This service includes a shampoo and blowdry. Your stylist will finish by flat ironing your strands to create a glossy finish. A keratin treatment will last for up to 5 months with proper care.
Waxing and Beauty Services
Some Fantastic Sams salons offer waxing services, which we will dive into below. Brow services vary by location, so call or visit your preferred salon’s website to see what they provide.
- Facial waxing – If you have unwanted facial hair on your lip line, chin, eyebrow, or sideburns, a Fantastic Sams stylist will remove it with hot wax.
- Eyebrow tinting – At select Fantastic Sams, a stylist will apply a darkening tint to your brows. Usually, an eyebrow tint lasts for about 3 to 5 weeks.
Hair Extension Services
Whether you want to add length, volume, or thickness to your hair, extensions can instantly transform your locks into the luscious mane you’ve always wanted. The types and availability of extension services vary by location.
The stylists at Fantastic Sams can both install and style your
Fantastic Sam’s extensions are lightweight, high-quality, and reusable for up to 6 months. They come in 25 vibrant shades and can be dyed to create a custom color.
Does Fantastic Sams Dye Hair?
Fantastic Sams offers a few different coloring services, all at affordable prices. You can choose from highlights, touch-ups, and all-over color.
They even provide Olaplex, which can help reduce the damage associated with color processing. Reach out to your local Fantastic Sams for more information.
Does Fantastic Sams Do Perms?
Fantastic Sams offers a few different perming and relaxing treatments. They can even perform specialty perms upon consultation. You will have the option to choose between just a perm or a perm with additional services, like haircuts and styling.
Does Fantastic Sams Do Eyebrows?
Many Fantastic Sams salons offer eyebrow waxing and tinting. However, they do not offer beauty services like lamination, micro-blading, threading, or tweezing. Brow services are not available at all locations, so check by phone or online before your visit.
Does Fantastic Sams Do Fades?
Most Fantastic Sams stylists are familiar with the style and should be able to do a fade with no problem. The quality of the cut depends on the stylist performing it, so call or visit your nearest salon and ask if they have a stylist who is familiar with the haircut.
Alternatively, you can bring a picture of your desired fade to your haircutting appointment. If your stylist sees the look, they may be able to recreate it.
Does Fantastic Sams Trim Beards?
Most Fantastic Sams salons offer additional services like beard, neck, bang, and mustache trims. You can get a quick touch-up between appointments or add a trim to your haircut, color, treatment, or style service. Reach out to your local Fantastic Sams salons to find out more.
What Products Do They Use at Fantastic Sams?
Fantastic Sams has partnered with a variety of professional haircare lines. The salon franchise also has its own exclusive line of affordable, salon-inspired hair products available for purchase.
Here are some examples of the hair care and styling products used in many Fantastic Sams salons.
- Sexy Hair
- TIGI Bed Head
- Fantastic Sams
- Paul Mitchell
What Payment Methods Do They Accept at Fantastic Sams?
All Fantastic Sams accept primary payment methods like cash, debit, and credit cards. They take Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Some salons have also started to take contactless methods of payment like Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Most Fantastic Sams do not accept prepaid cards, cryptocurrency, or checks.
Does Fantastic Sams Take Apple Pay?
Whether or not a Fantastic Sams salon accepts Apple Pay depends on the location. While some salons do take contactless payment options, others do not.
You can either bring an additional form of payment to your appointment or reach out to your Fantastic Sams and ask which contactless payment methods they accept.
Does Fantastic Sams Have a Rewards Program?
Fantastic Sams has a rewards program, and it’s an excellent way to save money on their already low prices. You can also earn points by purchasing services and products for your kids, significant other, and other family members.
Once you reach 200 points, you can redeem them for a $10 discount on your next service or product purchase. Signing up for the Fantastic Sams rewards program couldn’t be easier!
You can either register through the salon website or in person at your preferred location. Just give them your name, phone number, and email address, and you’ll start earning rewards in no time.
Can You Make Appointments at Fantastic Sams?
Most Fantastic Sams locations do accept appointments, and you can select your services and preferred stylists when you make one.
Once you set your time and date, you will see which stylists are available. If your favorite stylist isn’t working on that day, you can pick a different stylist or reschedule.
After you set your appointment, the website will prompt you to create an account or log in. Fantastic Sams will send you a confirmation email with all of your appointment details.
You can integrate the appointment into your calendar if you need a reminder. To change or cancel your appointment, just call the salon or follow the prompts included in the email.
Does Fantastic Sams Take Walk-Ins?
Fantastic Sams has a “no appointment needed” motto, so they happily accept walk-ins. Although walk-ins are convenient, making an appointment ahead of time will help you secure your favorite stylist and save time. However, if you’re in a rush, feel free to stop by!
Does Fantastic Sams Have Online Check-In?
For your convenience, many Fantastic Sams offer online check-in. You can either check in through the mobile app or website.
Does Fantastic Sams Have a Mobile App?
It also makes it easier than ever to find relevant information by linking directly to your location’s social media page. Some salons even let you book an appointment through the app, although this isn’t an option at every Fantastic Sams location.
Does Fantastic Sams Donate Hair?
If you have a hair donation, you can drop it off at your local Fantastic Sams salon. The stylists may also cut your hair for free or at a reduced price.
While many Fantastic Sams accept donations, some locations may not participate in the program. If your local Fantastic Sams does offer hair donation cuts, here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your hair has to be clean and dry.
- You have to bundle the hair in a ponytail.
- The hair has to be at least 10 inches long.
What Charities Does Fantastic Sams Support?
Fantastic Sams shows their community support by donating to and assisting a few different philanthropic and non-profit organizations. In this section, we’ll look at how the salon franchise has chosen to give back.
- Locks of Love – This is a non-profit organization that takes in donated hair and redistributes it to low-income children suffering from issues that result in long-term hair loss. Locks of Love provides these children with free, custom-fitted hairpieces to help them regain some sense of normalcy. So far, Fantastic Sams has donated over $30,000 and 10,000 ponytails to Locks of Love.
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation – St. Baldricks Foundation is a volunteer-driven organization that raises funds for childhood cancer research. Fantastic Sams hosts fund-raising events where, for a small donation, customers can get their hair shaved to show solidarity with the children undergoing treatment.
- Operation Reinvent – This nonprofit aims to make the transition to civilian life easier for female veterans. They provide educational workshops and empowering seminars to help the veterans gain confidence socially, professionally, and personally. Fantastic Sams has supported Operation Reinvent by offering the program’s female veterans complimentary hair and beauty services.
What Are the Customer Reviews For Fantastic Sams?
On Fantastic Sams facebook page, the company mentions that their goal is to make each customer feel fantastic. Let’s see if they’re living up to their goals.
Customer reviews can give you valuable insight into how well a salon can meet your needs. With so many different customer reviews online, we thought we would save you the trouble of hunting them all down.
Here is a summarization of what actual customers are saying about their trips to Fantastic Sams salons. We’ll dive through the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Two of the biggest selling points for Fantastic Sams are their low, everyday prices and money-saving rewards program. Happy customers love that they can get a variety of services done without spending a ridiculous amount of money. They appreciate the comfortable atmosphere and professional customer service.
While there are plenty of positive comments, not every visitor was happy with their visit. Some unsatisfied customers left the salon with damaged locks.
Others had hair that looked brassy or came out the wrong shade. A few even had to get corrective color or cuts at a different salon.
When looking at customer experiences, it’s important to remember that Fantastic Sams is a franchised salon. That means each salon has a different owner who doesn’t necessarily run things the same way as they do at a different location.
In addition to this, each salon has an entirely different staff that may have more or less experience than another group. A good or bad experience at one Fantastic Sams location doesn’t mean your local salon will be the same.
If you want to know what your local Fantastic Sams salon is like, look up the reviews or social media pages for that specific location.
Then, you will be able to see what other members of your community are saying about their experiences. You’ll get insight into how well the stylists care for hair and how the customer service is.
Can Fantastic Sams Cut Black People’s Hair?
The stylists at Fantastic Salons accept and work on various hair textures, including Black people’s hair. However, Black hair has specific needs that not every stylist can meet. If you want to find out if your local Fantastic Sams salon can cut black people’s hair, give them a call or stop by. Ask the staff if there are any Black stylists available or if they have anyone working there who has experience working on afro textures.
Another way to determine if your local Fantastic Sams can cut black hair is to look at their online reviews. Try to get a sense of who visits them and look for Black customers. If they have a sizeable Black customer base, there’s a good chance they’ll be able to show your locks the TLC they need. You should go with what makes you comfortable, but there is always a chance that you will leave the salon pleasantly surprised.
Is Fantastic Sams Good for Kids?
Most parents say Fantastic Sams is an excellent place to bring your kids. Between the children’s discount and the family-friendly atmosphere, your little one will leave the salon looking fresh and feeling pampered. Most parents rave about how patient the stylists are, and most are well versed in a variety of kid-friendly cuts.
- How to Find Great Clips Prices
- Ulta Hair Salon Services and Prices
- Cost Cutters Hours and Prices
- Walmart Hair Salon Prices and Hours
Fantastic Sams has a variety of affordable services that are available for you and the whole family. Their casual atmosphere and well-trained stylists are sure to bring your hair-related goals to life, so don’t hesitate to give them a try. We hope this article has given you sufficient information to figure out if Fantastic Sams is worth a visit.
Kenneth Byrd, with a BS in Accounting and Management Information Systems and an MBA from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, has over 15 years of experience and is a recognized authority in hair care. Co-founder of Curl Centric® and Natural Hair Box, Kenneth has dedicated himself to promoting ethical and scientifically-backed hair care practices. Rigorous editorial guidelines, industry recognitions, and features in numerous media outlets evidence his expertise. Kenneth’s commitment to transparency, quality, and empowerment has positioned him as a trusted voice in the field, empowering readers to confidently embrace their natural beauty.