Adore is a popular line of semi-permanent dyes that come in more than 50 high-impact shades. These semi-permanent dyes are formulated to give you a temporary color result.
But exactly how long does Adore hair dye last? In this article, we’ll tell you how long Adore hair dye lasts and give you tips on how to extend the life of your Adore hair color.
Table of Contents
How Long Does Adore Hair Dye Last?
On average, Adore dye lasts for about 3 to 4 weeks or up to 12 washes. Many times, Adore hair dye can last longer than these estimates (and sometimes shorter).
Semi-permanent dyes like Adore are designed to be a more temporary coloring solution. These time estimates are in line with the majority of semi-permanent hair dyes, which do not tend to last very long as is.
For this reason, you should not get your hair dyed with semi-permanent dyes unless you’re looking for a short-term color change.
Factors Affecting How Long Your Adore Color Lasts
With that understood, you have a bit of control over how long your Adore color lasts. And in order to exercise this control, you’ll need to understand a little about how semi-permanent dye works.
Semi-permanent dyes do not penetrate the hair shaft – they adhere to the outside of it. That means that they are much more vulnerable to fading than demi-permanent and permanent dye.
Here are some of the top factors that affect just how long your Adore color will last:
- How you wash your hair and what you use. If you scrub your hair vigorously and use a harsh shampoo (or one that’s not color-safe), your Adore color may not last more than a couple of weeks.
- The temperature of your water. Cold water smooths down the hair’s cuticles, and hot water raises them. When you wash your hair with hot water and your cuticles lift up, the color becomes really easy to rinse out, and you’ll experience premature color fade. You also shouldn’t overuse heat tools since hair dye is already damaging.
- How often you wash your hair. If you wash your hair every day, you can expect your color to fade very quickly. The less you wash it, the longer your results will last. Adore hair dye fades more quickly with frequent washes.
- How long you wait to wash your hair post-color. Your hair is very vulnerable to fading right after it’s been dyed. That’s why people who wash their hair within 48 hours of dyeing will notice that their results don’t last.
How To Make Your Adore Hair Dye Last Longer
Now that you know several factors that affect the longevity of your Adore hair dye, let’s get into some steps you can take to make your Adore shade stay vibrant for longer.
- Use color-safe and color-boosting shampoos and conditioners.
- Try not to wash your hair more than 2 or 3 times a week.
- Only wash your hair with cool or cold water.
- Avoid heat tools. If you do use heat, keep the temperature low and always start with a heat protectant.
- Try to stay out of the sun. The sun’s UV rays destroy the dye’s bonds and make it fade quicker.
- Make sure that you leave the dye on long enough in the first place. The instructions from the Adore manufacturers say to leave Adore dye on for around 10 to 15 minutes. However, because semi-permanent dyes are so gentle, you can safely leave them in for much longer. The longer you leave the color on your hair, the more intense it will be and the longer it may last.
How Do You Remove Adore Hair Dye?
We’d be remiss if we didn’t address how to remove Adore hair dye – after all, you may have stumbled onto this article because your Adore dye is lasting longer than you want it to. Whether you’re ready to give another color a try or just want to return to your natural hair hue, this section is for you.
Here are a few ways to remove Adore hair dye at home.
Use a Clarifying Shampoo
Clarifying shampoo is one of the simplest and most effective ways to strip your locks of unwanted color. These shampoos contain a high concentration of cleaning agents and can help fade color much faster than regular shampoos will.
They can be a little drying, so make sure you follow this method with plenty of deep conditioning treatments. Here’s how to remove Adore dye with clarifying shampoo.
Gather your supplies
Clarifying Shampoo Steps
- Saturate your hair with warm or hot water.
- Work a quarter-sized dollop of clarifying shampoo into your hair. Keep massaging until it forms a rich lather.
- Put on a shower cap (or a plastic cap).
- Wait for 10 minutes. You can sit under a hooded dryer to enhance the performance of the shampoo.
- Once 10 minutes have passed, check how your color removal is going by removing the shampoo from a small section of hair. If you need more time, wait for an additional 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply a deep conditioning mask to help restore your hair’s moisture.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week until the dye is faded.
Try a Bleach Wash
If you aren’t concerned about going back to your natural color, bleach is an effective way to remove the unwanted dye. Bleach baths are a gentler alternative to regular bleaching and can help prepare your strands for a new color application.
If you’re looking to remove as much color as possible in one go, follow these steps to do a bleach bath.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 10-20 Vol developer
- Nonmetal bowl
- Wide-tooth comb
- Hair clips
- Application brush
- Shower cap
Bleach Bath Steps
- Put on your gloves.
- Pour equal parts bleach and developer into a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze shampoo into the mixture. The less shampoo you use, the stronger the bleach mixture will be. Shoot for equal parts shampoo and bleach mixture.
- Saturate your hair with warm water.
- Use an application brush to coat your hair evenly in the bleach bath. Begin with the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Apply the mix to your roots only after you’ve finished the rest of your head.
- Apply a shower cap and wait for 25 to 40 minutes. Every 5 minutes or so, check the progression of your color removal. As soon as your hair has lightened enough, move to the next step.
- Rinse your locks thoroughly with cool water.
- Apply a deep conditioning treatment or mask to help repair the damage caused by the bleach.
Use a Color Remover
It comes with detailed usage instructions. To get full-color removal in as few sessions as possible, follow the instructions to the T.
- How to Use Adore Hair Dye
- How Quickly Does Permanent Hair Dye Fade
- How Long Does Iroiro Hair Dye Last?
- How to Mix Red and Purple Hair Dye Together
Semi-permanent dyes like Adore are perfect for anyone who wants to try a new hue without committing to it permanently. They come in a vibrant range of shades and could leave your hair in better condition than before you colored it!
We hope this article has answered all of your questions about how long Adore hair dye lasts and given you the tools you need to make your dye last longer or remove it. We wish you the best with your hair!