Are you struggling to find extensions to help volumize your fine hair? We know how stressful it can be. To help you out, we’ve done the work for you and compiled a list of 8 of the best
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to have fun volumizing and styling your fine strands like never before. Let’s jump right into it!
Table of Contents
- 1 The 8 Best Hair Extensions for Fine Hair
- 2 1. Marat Halo Straight Hair Extensions – Best Straight Hair Extensions
- 3 2. Molefi Brazilian Funmi Short Curly Hair Extensions – Best Short Curly Extensions
- 4 3. Nadula 8A Remy Virgin Brazilian Deep Wave Human Hair Extensions
- 5 4. Amella 8A Brazilian Virgin Deep Wave Hair Extensions
- 6 5. Amella Hair 100% Unprocessed Virgin Brazilian Curly Hair Weave
- 7 6. DAIMER Kinky Straight Human Hair Extensions
- 8 7. Kbeth Human Hair Ponytail Extensions – Best Ponytail Hair Extensions for Thin Strands
- 9 8. Barroko Hair Burgundy Brazilian Virgin Human Hair Bundles: Perfect Thin Hair Extensions
The 8 Best
Hair Extensions for Fine Hair
1. Marat Halo Straight
Hair Extensions – Best Straight Hair Extensions
These Marat Halo Straight
This makes these extensions very beginner-friendly.
The extensions are available in a range of lengths, from 12 to 20 inches, and come in various shades and colors. A few popular color choices include dark brown, natural black, and balayage chocolate brown to caramel blonde.
This hair also happens to be very lightweight, according to the brand.
That’s a huge plus for those with fine hair. You can get a fuller look without feeling like you’re wearing a lot of hair on your head. These extensions can also be straightened, curled, or styled in any way that you would like.
When it comes to the overall ratings and reviews of these extensions, it’s hard to find any significant faults. Because of this, these Marat extensions are the best overall product for those with fine hair!
Pros and Cons
Let’s examine the advantages and disadvantages of these extensions below.
- The extensions are easy to install yourself, making them beginner-friendly.
- Due to their halo construction and lightweight, the extensions are very comfortable to wear.
- They are made of superior quality 100% human Remy hair
- They blend very well with your natural hair.
- Some feel the hair should be a little bit thicker, though this may not be an issue for you since you’ll be blending it with your fine hair.
2. Molefi Brazilian Funmi Short Curly
Hair Extensions – Best Short Curly Extensions
The Molefi Short Curly
The best extensions for fine-haired gals who want a short, curly bob look!
These extensions come in a variety of lengths, from 8 inches to 12 inches. All extensions come in natural black shades and blend in very well with your natural hair.
When installing these extensions, it’s recommended that you use the fold-over method rather than cutting the wefts or hair. The wefts are tight and strong, and they’re easy to fold over for a seamless installation.
These loose, fashionable curls are very soft to the touch and look gorgeous.
If you don’t like the current curl, you can restyle the hair however you see fit. Straighten it with a flat iron, add some curls with a curling iron, add some sexy beach waves – it’s all up to you.
Note that the manufacturer of these extensions recommends that you do not dye or bleach them – doing so will ruin the hair quality.
Pros and Cons
Just as with any product, these Molefi
- The extensions are made of 100% human hair and look super natural.
- The wefts are thin and undetectable in most cases.
- The hair comes in a beautiful loose curl pattern.
- The extensions are very easy to install, manage, and maintain.
- The hair is soft and looks natural.
- Some previous customers felt that the hair they received didn’t look like the pictures.
- Unhappy customers state that after washing the hair, the curls are not as tight as they were initially.
- Though you can heat-style this hair, you cannot dye it.
3. Nadula 8A Remy Virgin Brazilian Deep Wave Human
Looking for a deep-wave look? The Nadula Deep Wave extensions are among the best you’ll find in this style. The extensions come in packs of 3 bundles, all of which are 100% grade 8A Brazilian virgin human hair.
These deep wave extensions also come in a wide range of lengths, from 12 to 26 inches. While you can style this hair however you would like (straighten, curl, etc.), you cannot dye the hair lighter than a #27 shade.
The brand does say that you can bleach it, though.
These bundles were made with a machine double weft, which helps to prevent shedding. The hair overall is very lightweight after installation, though it is quite thick. As a result, these extensions are great for those with fine hair who want a volumized yet light look.
For the most part, three bundles should fit you well if you want a full head. If you’re purchasing bundles over 18 inches, you should go with four bundles versus three.
Pros and Cons
Let’s jump in and discuss the overall pros and cons of this hair!
- The hair has a beautiful deep wave curl pattern.
- Most customers state that the hair is true to length.
- The hair doesn’t shed as much as other extensions on the market.
- The bundles are constructed with high-quality, 100% human hair.
- The bundles are relatively thick, which gives a fully volumized look without weighing down the hair.
- You may need to be gentle with the extensions while washing to keep the curl pattern intact; using a moisturizer or oil can also help greatly.
4. Amella 8A Brazilian Virgin Deep Wave
The Amella Deep Wave
This hair comes in many different lengths — from 10 to 21 inches — though all the extensions only come in a natural black color. These deep waves easily give a full volumized look, which is great for women who have fine hair and want a fuller style.
When it comes to a full look, three bundles should be enough.
However, if you purchase some of the longer lengths (anything over 18 inches), you’ll need four or even five bundles to really get that volumized look.
This hair can be dyed, though the brand does recommend that you work with a professional stylist when dying. Much like other extensions, the hair can quickly become damaged during coloring processes, which you don’t want.
Also, because these extensions come in bundles, you may also need help installing them if you’re not proficient at applying this type of hair. Others with enough experience won’t have any problems.
Pros and Cons
The pros and cons of these deep wave
- The bundles have a soft, natural look and are made of top-quality human hair.
- The curl pattern is gorgeous and gives the illusion of thick hair.
- The hair doesn’t shed much, especially when compared to other extensions
- Customers state that the hair they receive is true to length in most cases.
- The extensions are not as thick as some desire, especially when it comes to the longer lengths.
- The hair can be difficult to install if you’re a beginner.
5. Amella Hair 100% Unprocessed Virgin Brazilian Curly Hair Weave
These JFLOVE Brazilian Bundles are ideal for women with fine hair. While these extensions come in both wavy and straight textures, we especially want to shed light on the brand’s long curly extensions, which are some of the best on Amazon.
These bundles are made from 100% virgin human hair that has never been processed, giving the hair a soft and realistic look from roots to tips.
These extensions have a strong double weft which minimizes shedding. You have a few options when it comes to application with these bundles; you can either do a sew-in or create a wig.
If you want to switch up the color of these extensions, you can bleach or dye them. This gives you more control over your desired look. But if you like the natural black shade these extensions come in, there’s no need to dye!
JFLOVE states that you may need four bundles if you’re purchasing 18 inches or more or want a fuller look. However, if you want bundles shorter than 18 inches, you’ll be fine with three bundles.
Pros and Cons
Now that you know the main features of this hair, let’s get into the pros and cons:
- The hair is soft and natural-looking.
- The bundles are made of top-quality 100% human hair from Brazil.
- They are versatile extensions that you can restyle, bleach, and dye.
- There’s no bad smell and minimal shedding.
- You will need to get help from a professional to get these extensions sewn in or to make a wig out of them.
6. DAIMER Kinky Straight Human
For those who would like a kinky straight look, these DAIMER extensions are a great way to go. These bundles come in various lengths (10 to 26 inches), so you have several options to choose from.
This is a set of three bundles, all made from 100% human hair of 9A grade.
The texture is Yaki kinky straight – the bundles are thick and lightweight, perfect for those with fine hair looking for some volume.
While the color is natural black, you can bleach or dye it according to your preferences. These bundles have a machine double weft. When treated right, the extensions will have little to no shedding.
When it comes to styling, you can do anything you’d like with this hair. You can curl it, straighten it, or style the extensions however you see fit.
Pros and Cons
Now that we’ve discussed the main features, let’s jump into the major pros and cons of these kinky straight extensions.
- The extensions are true to length.
- The hair is soft and natural-looking when installed.
- The extensions have a believable thickness and blend well with your hair.
- When styling, washing, or coloring, you have to be careful to minimize tangling.
7. Kbeth Human Hair Ponytail Extensions – Best Ponytail
Hair Extensions for Thin Strands
The Kbeth Ponytail Extensions are a great solution for those who want a thick, luscious ponytail. These extensions come in various hair types, such as straight, kinky curly, afro kinky, corn wave, and kinky straight.
All extensions come in a natural black color, though they can all be dyed to better match your natural hair color.
Ponytail extensions are fantastic for those with fine hair, as they instantly give the illusion of volume and thickness. Plus, ponytail extensions tend not to weigh heavily on your hair.
These extensions are made of 100% human hair and look extremely natural. They can be purchased in different lengths, from 10 inches to 28 inches.
You can attach these extensions with the drawstring and clips provided. For many, installing these extensions is very easy. For others, it could take a couple of tries to get a secure fit.
You’re also welcome to change up the style of these extensions if you’d like. The brand states you can easily dye, straighten, curl, or style these extensions any way without sacrificing the quality of the hair.
Pros and Cons
Next, let’s examine the major pros and cons of these extensions to help you decide if these are the extensions for you.
- The hair quality is high, being that it’s 100% human hair.
- The ponytail comes with both clips and a drawstring for a secure fit.
- Quick installation time – less than 5 minutes in most cases.
- Some feel the hair is too thin for the look they’re going for.
- If you’re not used to a drawstring ponytail, you may have some trouble attaching it the first couple of times.
8. Barroko Hair Burgundy Brazilian Virgin Human Hair Bundles: Perfect Thin
Barroko Hair Burgundy Bundles are beautiful machine double-weft
We absolutely love the loose waves in this burgundy color, but you can restyle them however you want them to look. If you want a different shade of burgundy or would like to bleach or dye the extensions another color, you sho uldn’t have any problems.
These burgundy bundles are pretty light, which is exactly what people with thin hair need. You don’t want anything too heavy. Because these extensions are made from 100% human hair, they look natural.
As a note, to maintain the hair’s wave over time, be sure to use a hair oil when you wash it. Also, if you’re not experienced in installing extensions, you’ll need to get professional help.
Pros and Cons
To make it a bit easier to tell whether these extensions will work for you, we’d like to highlight the pros and cons below.
- Compared to other hair, these extensions don’t shed much.
- The bundles are made of quality 100% human hair.
- You get a bold burgundy color option that’ll demand attention.
- Some state the curl pattern is different from what’s shown in the product pictures.
- Best Hair Extensions for Thinning Hair
- Best Clip-in Extensions for African American Hair
- Best Weave for Natural Hair
- Caucasian Weave
There are so many great extensions available for those with fine hair. Hopefully, this list has helped you narrow down your choices in your search for the perfect hair to enhance your naturally fine strands.
Regardless of what hairstyle, color, and hair length you’re going for, any of the options on this list are fantastic options. We hope that this article makes shopping for extensions a bit easier for you.
Kenneth Byrd holds a BS in Accounting and Management Information Systems and an MBA from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. With over 15 years of experience, Kenneth has been dedicated to hair care since 2008, when he co-founded Curl Centric® and Natural Hair Box alongside his wife. As a team, they promote healthy hair care practices through their comprehensive platform, Curl Centric. Curl Centric is a website operated by a husband and wife team that encourages healthy hair care. At Curl Centric, we aim to help our readers take control of their hair care journey and make good decisions about products, hairstyles, and maintenance techniques. We also have strict editorial integrity; here’s an explanation of our editorial guidelines and how we make money.