Arctic Fox is a highly acclaimed hair dye brand known for its mega-impact shades and clean formulas. People all over are giving Arctic Fox hair dyes a try to see what all the hype is about.
If you’re new to the brand, you’ve probably got many questions.
One of the most common questions Arctic Fox newbies have is, “how long does Arctic Fox hair dye last?” In this article, we’ll dispel your uncertainty with a clear answer to just that! Let’s get right into it!
Table of Contents
How Long Does Arctic Fox Last?
According to Arctic Fox, their dyes last from 2 weeks to 1 ½ months on unbleached hair and 1 to 2 months on bleached hair. It may seem like the dye doesn’t last very long, but these time ranges are a bit lengthier than typical semi-permanent dyes, which last six weeks tops.
Of course, there’s no guarantee for how long Arctic Fox may last for you, as its longevity depends on several factors, including:
- What you use to wash your hair. Not all shampoos are created equal. If you use one that contains harsh chemicals and surfactants like sulfates, your colored hair will not last as long as expected.
- Whether you heat style your hair. Heat opens up your hair cuticles and makes your color vulnerable to fading. So, every time you flat iron, blow dry, or wand curl your hair, you shorten your hair color’s longevity.
- The water temperature you use on wash day. Similar to how heat styling tools shorten your hair color’s longevity, hot water makes your hair color fade quicker. Expect your color not to last too long if you wash your hair regularly with hot water.
- The color you choose. The darker your dye shade is, the longer you can expect it to last. Black and brown hair dyes are some of the longest-lasting hair dyes of them all. Lighter colors, pastel, pink, and even red, are shorter-lived.
- The condition of your hair. Severely damaged hair always has trouble holding onto dye. The reason is that the more damaged your hair is, the more raised the cuticles are. Anytime your cuticles are raised, your hair dye pigments can be rinsed out more readily. You’ll then experience accelerated fading. Healthier hair, by contrast, holds color much better.
- Your hair’s porosity. If your hair is naturally high porosity, you’ll probably notice that hair dye doesn’t last very long for you in general. It’s not your fault – it’s just that your hair’s outer cuticle doesn’t lie flat, making it hard for the dye to stay put.
Is Arctic Fox Permanent?
Arctic Fox is a semi-permanent hair color, which means that it will eventually fade away with time as you wash your hair. Semi-permanent hair colors sit on top of your hair shaft and don’t penetrate the cortex as permanent dyes do.
Does Arctic Fox Last Longer Than Manic Panic?
Manic Panic is another popular hair dye brand known for its bright and bold shades. So how does it compare to Arctic Fox in terms of longevity?
The straightforward answer to this is that Arctic Fox lasts longer. Generally, you can expect it to last 1-2 weeks longer than Manic Panic.
However, it’s important to remember that both Manic Panic and Arctic Fox are semi-permanent dyes. So, don’t expect either of them to last too long – 6-8 weeks is about as good as it gets for these types of dyes.
How Long Does Arctic Fox Last If I Wash My Hair Every Day?
Does Arctic Fox wash out completely? If you wash your hair every day, you can expect the dye to last for two weeks at most.
This is because daily washing accelerates color fading. Depending on your reason for using the dye, you might appreciate that it washes out quickly.
For instance, if you’re using it for a Halloween costume, you won’t have to worry about the color lingering in your hair for weeks afterward. But if you want the color to last longer, read the following section for some helpful tips.
How to Make Your Arctic Fox Hair Color Last Longer
After going through the time-consuming process of dyeing your hair, we’re sure you want to do all you can to make it last. In this section, we’ll tell you exactly how to do that:
- Use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner. Look for products specifically designed for color-treated hair; these will help protect your new hue from fading.
- When you’re in the shower, avoid using hot water; instead, opt for lukewarm or cool water, which is less likely to open up your hair cuticles and cause color loss.
- Limit your time in the sun. Ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause your hair color to fade, so if you’re spending a lot of time outdoors, wear a hat or use a UV-protective spray.
- Don’t overwash your hair. Although it’s important to keep your hair clean, washing it too often can strip away color. Try to shampoo no more than 2-3 times per week. The less you wash your hair, the longer your color will last.
- Use a vinegar rinse. This may sound counterproductive, but rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar can actually help to lock in color. Just add 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of water, and pour it over your hair after conditioning it. Rinse it out with cool water after 2 or 3 minutes, and you’re good to go!
How to Use Arctic Fox Dye for Max Longevity
One of the most influential factors determining how long your hair dye lasts is the dyeing process. If you don’t follow the proper steps, the color won’t properly adhere to your strands.
To make sure that doesn’t happen, we’ll give you some tips on how to use Arctic Fox hair color for the best results.
- Start with clean hair. Before you dye your hair, make sure that it’s clean and free of any styling products or buildup. Use a clarifying shampoo for a deep clean, and make sure to rinse it out completely. Air dry or blow dry your hair afterward.
- Section your hair. For even absorption of the dye and a lasting result, we recommend sectioning your hair and saturating those sections fully. Creating four or more sections is standard for hair dyeing.
- Prepare and apply your dye according to the instructions. Once you have your supplies ready, follow the instructions on the Arctic Fox bottle. You won’t need to mix the dye with anything; just apply it directly to your hair in sections. Use a tinting brush to ensure even coverage and gloves to avoid staining your hands and nails.
- Put on a plastic cap and wait for the amount of time indicated on the packaging. Per Arctic Fox, you’ll leave the dye in your hair for at least 30 minutes. The longer you leave it in, the more intense the color will be. You don’t have to worry about the dye damaging your hair.
- Rinse your hair with tepid water. Once time is up, rinse your hair with tepid water until the water runs clear. Don’t use warm or hot water if you want your color result to stay put for a while.
- How to Remove Arctic Fox Hair Dye
- How to Get Hair Dye off Scalp but Not Hair
- How to Stop Hair Dye From Bleeding
With the above dyeing tips, you can achieve vibrant, even color results that will last. We hope that you’ve found this article to be helpful, and we wish you the best as you get acclimated to Arctic Fox Dyes.